Dangerous Goods Course
- Transport and logistics
- Civil Construction Industry
Initial licence: This course aims to meet the National Competency Standards, dangerous goods licensing requirements in accordance with Workcover and the Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods. The course also educates drivers of the responsibilities associated with the Transportation of dangerous goods.
*** Safe Load Pass training is available to meet Fuel Industry requirements.***
2 full days
Course cost includes lunch on both days.
Trainer / Participant Ratio1:15 (maximum)
At completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify requirements for working with Dangerous Goods and/or Hazardous Substances.
- Select handling techniques
- Assess suitability of transport mode for intended load
- Identify and follow emergency procedures and equipment
- Evaluate documented route plan
- Complete assessment process
NOTE: Successful candidates may be eligible to apply for a dangerous goods drivers licence.
The course covers the following classes of Dangerous Goods:
2.1 Flammable Gases
2.2 Non-flammable Non toxic Gases
2.3 Toxic Gases
3 Flammable Liquids
4.1 Flammable Solids
4.2 Spontaneously combustibles
4.3 Dangerous when wet
5.1 Oxidising Agents
5.2 Organic Peroxides
6.1 Toxic substances
9 Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods
In addition, the following key subject areas are covered:
- Legal requirements
- Dangerous Goods – Basic Properties
- Vehicle Placarding
- Transport requirements
- Safety Requirements
- Emergency procedures
Full Fee: $460.00
VTG Concession: $103.00
Please enter your details below to enquire about this course.