- Civil Construction Industry
- Municipal employees
- Transport and logistics
This course aims to enhance the skills of participants in road and traffic control. Australian standards require state certification for people performing Traffic Control duties.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to demonstrate safe and effective controlling of traffic with confidence.
One day course
Trainer / Participant Ratio1:8, maximum 18 applicants
Participants are trained and assessed to the National Competency Standard:
- RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with a stop/slow bat.
- RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic management plan.
These units give the competency to control traffic on public roads and construction sites for the protection of site workers and the general public.
(NSW have separate requirements to Victoria and other states).
- Introduction to Australian Standards 1742.3
- Duties of employers
- Duties of employees
- Duty of care
- Hazard identification
- Hazard control measures
- Use & application of the bat
- Signs used in road works
- Clothing for traffic controllers
- Communication with road users
- Responsibilities of a Traffic Controller
Full Fee: $295.00
VTG Concession: $45.00
Please enter your details below to enquire about this course.